Re: Re: Latch implementation that wakes on postmaster death on both win32 and Unix

От Florian Pflug
Тема Re: Re: Latch implementation that wakes on postmaster death on both win32 and Unix
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On May26, 2011, at 11:25 , Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> I'm a bit disappointed that no one has commented on this yet. I would
> have appreciated some preliminary feedback.

I noticed to your patch doesn't seem to register a SIGIO handler, i.e.
it doesn't use async IO machinery (or rather a tiny part thereof) to
get asynchronously notified if the postmaster dies.

If that is on purpose, you can remove the fsetown() call, as it serves
no purpose without such a handler I think. Or, you might want to add
such a signal handler, and make it simply do "kill(getpid(), SIGTERM)".

best regards,
Florian Pflug