URGENT : free result (libpq++ API)

От Anagha Joshi
Тема URGENT : free result (libpq++ API)
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

Hi all,

I’m using PG – 7.2.4 on Solaries.

I’m using “libpq++” library as client implementation is coded in “C++”.

I’m doing the following :

  1. Making the connection to database by creating new object of “PgDatabase” i.e.

data = new PgDatabase( “ CONNECTION INFO “);

  1. Then I execure the query with:

int return = data->Exec( “ THIS IS A SQL QUERY”);

My question is ,

How should I clear(free) the result of the query? Need  I close the connection after each query to do that?

I wish to use the same connection for multiple queries.

This problem I’ve observed with “libpq++” only not with “libpq With “libpq” APIs the,

“PQexec” API returns “PGresult type pointer with which we can clear with the result of the query with “Pqclear(Pgresult *)” API.

Is the same functionality is present in “lipq++” APIs also?

Pls. help.

Thanks,

Anagha

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: