Re: [pgsql-www] commitfest.postgresql.org

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: [pgsql-www] commitfest.postgresql.org
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

May I suggest something looking about like:  http://commitfest.postgresql.org/current
http://commitfest.postgresql.org/open http://commitfest.postgresql.org/in-progress
http://commitfest.postgresql.org/previous

> With respect to the issue of the page URLs, I'm very unconvinced of
> the value of making a change.

Your software seems to be better than a wiki, but its potential users
are expressing needs and bikescheding. I think you'd better accept
both kind of changes as long as it's not making your life much harder
than you'd want. Frankly, what URL looks better:  http://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view?id=2
http://commitfest.postgresql.org/2009/07

Oh, and while at it, I don't foresee that we would want the commitfest
of july 2009 to change its name but not the "semantic" URL pointing to
its management. Or if it's ever wanted, as has been said, have a look
at Apache Rewrite Rules system, it's made for supporting content being
moved. Something in the spirit of:  RedirectPermanent /2009/07 /2009/08

While at it, I imagine that within a given commit fest, a single patch
will have a stable shortname, or if it comes to change, we could
accept that the URL too change:  http://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=71
http://commitfest.postgresql.org/2009/07/Synch_Rep http://commitfest.postgresql.org/current/Synch_Rep

Now, rather than following the names with apache setup, maybe you
could add something like some history tables tracking short name
changes (maybe some ON UPDATE trigger would do), so that referring to
an older name would send a HTTP 302 redirect to the new name URL?

I'd like your work to be useful for all of us and appreciated to its
real value, and those changes well seem like user interface
improvements rather than basic structure or behavior questioning.

Regards,
--
dim