Re: Migrating from MS-Access to Postgresql

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Migrating from MS-Access to Postgresql
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi,

Either change your query to:

SELECT * FROM "Invoices"

or, on the first step in the Migration Wizard, use the options to shift names to lower case, and re-migrate your data.

Of course, if you only have a few tables/columns you could just rename them in pgAdmin.

Regards, Dave.
-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Cuypers [mailto:m.cuypers@pandora.be]
Sent: 28 March 2002 06:57
To: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] Migrating from MS-Access to Postgresql

Hi,

I migrated a few tables to postgresql. Everything migrated fine, but tablenames that contain capitals are converted just as is.  When I create a query, postgresql doesn't seem to use those captitals and converts them to lowercase.  This makes that the table is not found in the database and I get an error.  I the database is a table 'Invoices', so the respons to the query 'select * from Invoices' is 'Relation invoices doesn't exist' .

Can someone help me with this?

Thanx,

Marc