Re: Minor point - wording on options tab

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Minor point - wording on options tab
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Boyle (Roselink) [mailto:boylesa@roselink.co.uk]
Sent: 28 January 2002 20:27
To: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] Minor point - wording on options tab

Dave,

I've just downloaded 1.2 with Migration wizard, it looks very impressive so far + speed seems much faster (many thanks for your hard work on this).

One small point re the wording on the options tab.  The current wording is:

"Postgresql 7.2 and higher can encrypt the passwords stored in the pg_shadow system table.  By default pgAdmin II will use password encryption, however this behavior can be disabled if you prefer."

The checkbox above this note is labelled "Use Encrypted passwords where possible" and it is disabled.

I think that either the description should be re-phrased or the checkbox should be checked by default.

Hi Steve,

It does actually default to checked - I just cleared my settings and tried it (are you sure you didn't disable it in the past?). Anyway, I agree the wording could be better - I'll rewrite it.

Thanks for the suggestion,

regards, Dave.