Re: beginner problem connecting to database

От Dave Page
Тема Re: beginner problem connecting to database
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

Ahh, that means that pgAdmin's connection to that database has failed. This
is normally for one of 3 reasons:

- pgAdmin has exceeded the number of allow connections on your server. This
can be modified in your $PGDATA/postgresql.conf file. Future versions of
pgAdmin will be a little less connection hungry.

- your $PGDATA/pg_hba.conf file on the server doesn't contain an entry that
will allow your client PC to connect to that database

- The system table pg_database (access it from template1) contains a row for
each database. If the datallowconn column for your database is set to false,
then no connections will be allowed to this database.

Regards, Dave.