Re: Re: [RFC] Shouldn't we remove annoying FATAL messages from server log?

От MauMau
Тема Re: Re: [RFC] Shouldn't we remove annoying FATAL messages from server log?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> There is no enthusiasm for a quick-hack solution here, and most people
> don't actually agree with your proposal that these errors should never
> get logged.  So no, that is not happening.  You can hack your local
> copy that way if you like of course, but it's not getting committed.

Oh, I may have misunderstood your previous comments.  I got the impression
that you and others regard those messages (except "too many clients") as
unnecessary in server log.

1. FATAL:  the database system is starting up
2. FATAL:  the database system is shutting down
3. FATAL:  the database system is in recovery mode

5. FATAL:  terminating walreceiver process due to administrator command
6. FATAL:  terminating background worker \"%s\" due to administrator command

Could you tell me why these are necessary in server log?  I guess like this.
Am I correct?

* #1 through #3 are necessary for the DBA to investigate and explain to the
end user why he cannot connect to the database.

* #4 and #5 are unnecessary for the DBA.  I can't find out any reason why
these are useful for the DBA.

Regards
MauMau