Re: [9.3 bug] disk space in pg_xlog increases during archive recovery

От MauMau
Тема Re: [9.3 bug] disk space in pg_xlog increases during archive recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: "Fujii Masao" <masao.fujii@gmail.com>
>> So, I think it is a bug that the disk space increases if not using
>> cascading
>> replication.  Those who migrated from 9.1 and do not use 9.2 features
>> would
>> be surprised like me.
>>

>> Do you think this should be fixed?
>
> I think so.

Thanks for your agreement.  I'll try to submit the patch as soon as possible
so that the fix will be included in the next minor release and 9.3.  If it
seems unexpectedly difficult, I'd like to consult you.

>> How should it be fixed?
>
> What about removing the restored archived file as soon as it's replayed
> if cascading replication is not enabled (i.e., max_wal_senders = 0 or
> hot_standby = off)? This doesn't seem to break the existing behavior
> in 9.2.

I'll consider this condition, but I wonder if 9.1 users are setting
max_wal_senders>0 and hot_standby=on even when just performing archive
recovery (e.g. to use the same recovery.conf for all cases).  What do you
think?  Is there any other good condition to judge if cascading replication
is used?

Regards
MauMau