Re: psql and tab-delimited output

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: psql and tab-delimited output
Дата
Re: psql and tab-delimited output  (Abelard Hoffman <abelardhoffman@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 07 Sep 2014, at 10:45, Abelard Hoffman <abelardhoffman@gmail.com> wrote:

> For reports, everyone else mostly uses other tools? I'd like to stay away from GUI-tools, if possible.

For reporting, usually you use the data in the database directly.

A TSV or CSV file is not a report, it’s at best a data source for your report. Going through an intermediate format is
nota particularly effective approach to create reports, but if you have to (for example because you aren’t _allowed_
accessto the database), generally preferred formats seem to be CSV, XML or JSON; as long as it’s a standard format.
TSV is not a common choice. Are you sure your boss actually cares that it’s TSV and not, for example, CSV?

Alban Hertroys

Сообщение: Re: psql and tab-delimited output
Сообщение: Re: psql and tab-delimited output