Re: Is there an official log reader for PostgreSQL?

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: Is there an official log reader for PostgreSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Le 4 mars 09 à 21:17, Dann Corbit a écrit :
> I am interested in doing a near real time transaction processor.  If
> there is a place to find the specification for the log reader, I would
> be keen to know it.

Have you read about PGQ yet? Some links include:  http://www.pgcon.org/2008/schedule/events/79.en.html
http://kaiv.wordpress.com/2007/10/19/skytools-database-scripting-framework-pgq/
http://skytools.projects.postgresql.org/doc/pgq-admin.html http://skytools.projects.postgresql.org/doc/pgq-sql.html

If your processing is to be coded in python, the facilities are
provided in the current skytools releases. If your processing is to be
coded in PHP, the facilities exists in the CVS and will get
distributed soon'ish.

If your processing is to be coded in any other language, you need SQL
access and will be able to use the SQL level API directly, which
provides all the "raw" features.

HTH,
--
dim