Re: comparison of 8.3.10 to 8.3.14 reveals unexpected difference in explain plan

От Mark Rostron
Тема Re: comparison of 8.3.10 to 8.3.14 reveals unexpected difference in explain plan
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

> It would be easier to suggest what might be wrong if you included "EXPLAIN ANALYZE" output instead of just EXPLAIN.

> It's not obvious whether 8.3 or 8.4 is estimating things better.

Thanks for reply man

Turns out random_page_cost was set low in the 8.3.10 version – when I reset it to 4(dflt), the explain plans are the same.

We’ll double check our other queries, and then I’ll see if I can reset it to dflt for the database.