Re: JDBC gripe list (the autocommit subthread)

От A.M.
Тема Re: JDBC gripe list (the autocommit subthread)
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Mar 31, 2011, at 7:06 PM, Kevin Grittner wrote:

> Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com> wrote:
>
>> (b) the current behavior is consistent with how multiple statement
>> execution works elsewhere in the driver, where if you execute
>> "SELECT a; SELECT b" as a statement with autocommit=true then the
>> two queries run in a single transaction;
>
> I did not know that.  Is that required by spec?
>
> It definitely doesn't happen in psql:

psql includes an SQL lexer which breaks up the statements. Weird, but true!

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql.git;a=blob;f=src/bin/psql/psqlscan.l;h=3575f91a61477f09c4939e53fb1495d763485e86;hb=HEAD#l1170

Note that the v2 backend protocol does not support multiple queries per statement.

Cheers,

Сообщение: Re: JDBC gripe list (the autocommit subthread)
Сообщение: Re: JDBC gripe list (the autocommit subthread)