Re: Use XLOG_CONTROL_FILE macro everywhere?

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Use XLOG_CONTROL_FILE macro everywhere?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 24 Apr 2024, at 11:13, Anton A. Melnikov <a.melnikov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
>
> On 24.04.2024 12:02, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> On 19.04.24 05:50, Anton A. Melnikov wrote:
>>>
>>> May be better use this macro everywhere in C code?
>> I don't know.  I don't find XLOG_CONTROL_FILE to be a very intuitive proxy for "pg_control".

Maybe, but inconsistent usage is also unintuitive.

> Then maybe replace XLOG_CONTROL_FILE with PG_CONTROL_FILE?
>
> The PG_CONTROL_FILE_SIZE macro is already in the code.
> With the best regards,

XLOG_CONTROL_FILE is close to two decades old so there might be extensions
using it (though the risk might be slim), perhaps using offering it as as well
as backwards-compatability is warranted should we introduce a new name?

--
Daniel Gustafsson