Re: Collation version tracking for macOS

От Finnerty, Jim
Тема Re: Collation version tracking for macOS
Дата
Re: Collation version tracking for macOS  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Specifying the library name before the language-country code with a new separator  (":") as you suggested below has
somebenefits. Did you consider making the collation version just another collation attribute, such as colStrength,
colCaseLevel,etc.?

For example, an alternate syntax might be:

    create collation icu63."en-US-x-icu" (provider = icu, locale = 'en-US@colVersion=63');

Was the concern that ICU might redefine a new collation property with the same name in a different and incompatible way
(wemight work with the ICU developers to agree on what it should be), or that a version is just not the same kind of
collationproperty as the other collation properties?

(in the example above, I'm assuming that for provider = icu, we could translate '63' into  'libicui18n.so.63'
automatically.)