Re: Problems With VIEWS

От Jeanna Geier
Тема Re: Problems With VIEWS
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks, everyone - I really appreciate everyone's inupt and responses!

Got this resolved and added the RULES to my .sql file.  So far, so good.
-Jeanna

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org]On Behalf Of Bernd Helmle
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2007 9:02 AM
To: Richard Broersma Jr
Cc: Jeanna Geier; Adam Rich; pgsql-general
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Problems With VIEWS

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 06:36:34 -0800 (PST), Richard Broersma Jr
<rabroersma@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Either way.  I like to create sql files with all of the DDL for creating
> the view and rules.
> Overtime, if I need to change my view or reconfigure the rules, I can edit
> my sql file and then
> call it up in psql using "\e <view_def.sql>"
>
> I use the "CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW" syntax to achieve this.

Additional note: REPLACE doesn't work if you are going to change the
list/type/name of your view columns. In 8.2 and above you could use
DROP VIEW IF EXISTS combined with a following CREATE VIEW, instead.

Bernd

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend