Re: what the problem with this query

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: what the problem with this query
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Apr 14, 2006, at 20:09 , venu gopal wrote:

> Query:SELECT o.orgunitname AS ouname, e.entrynumber AS value_field,
> centroid(c.the_geom) AS the_geom, c.ogc_fid AS ogc_fid FROM (ctrphc
> AS c INNER JOIN orgunit o ON c.dhs_ouname = o.orgunitname) INNER
> JOIN (SELECT orgunitid, entrynumber FROM routinedataou4 WHERE
> dataelementid=1195 AND dataperiodid = 86) AS e ON o.orgunitid =
> e.orgunitid) AS new_table USING UNIQUE ogc_fid USING SRID=-1
>
> Error::ERROR:  syntax error at or near ")" at character 333

[please don't post HTML]

I'm not familiar with the syntax you're using, but one problem is
that your parentheses are not balanced -- there's an extra closing
parenthesis. That's probably what the error is complaining about. You
might want to try to use whitespace to see the structure of your
query better, e.g.,

SELECT o.orgunitname AS ouname
     , e.entrynumber AS value_field
     , centroid(c.the_geom) AS the_geom
     , c.ogc_fid AS ogc_fid
FROM (
     ctrphc AS c
     INNER JOIN orgunit o ON c.dhs_ouname = o.orgunitname)
INNER JOIN (
     SELECT orgunitid
         , entrynumber
     FROM routinedataou4
     WHERE dataelementid=1195
         AND dataperiodid = 86
     ) AS e ON o.orgunitid = e.orgunitid) AS new_table USING UNIQUE
ogc_fid USING SRID=-1

Hope this helps a bit.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com