Re: Statement-level rollback

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Statement-level rollback
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On December 7, 2018 11:56:55 AM PST, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>BTW, a couple of months ago I measured the performance implications for
>a single update under pgbench and it represented a decrease of about
>3%-5%.  Side-effects such as xid consumption have worse implications,
>but as far as performance is concerned, it's not as bad as all that.

I don't think that's a fair test for the performance downsides. For pgbench with modifications the full commit is such
alarge portion of the time that you'd need to make things a lot slower to show a large slowdown. And for ro pgbench the
subxactsdon't matter that much. It'd probably be more meaningful to have a mixed workload of 15 ro statements per xact
inone type of session, and 5rw /10ro in another.

Andres