Re: Resources

От SHELTON,MICHAEL (Non-HP-Boise,ex1)
Тема Re: Resources
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Try "pg_ctl stop" -- you can get the usage and explanation in the idocs:

http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?app-pg-ctl.html

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Wei Weng [mailto:wweng@kencast.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 1:34 PM
To: Stephan Szabo
Cc: pgsql-sql@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [SQL] Resources

I have a side question. How do I stop this kind of crazy query to suck up
my CPU power if it is fed by a database driver? (like ODBC, for example)

Since kill -9 postmaster is highly not recommended, can i do a
/sbin/service postgresql stop to force it to shut down? (I am a redhat
user.)

Thank you!

--
Wei Weng