Re: pgAdmin 1.12.0 (Mac OS X 10.5) Start Service instability

От Henning Hraban Ramm
Тема Re: pgAdmin 1.12.0 (Mac OS X 10.5) Start Service instability
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Am 2010-10-02 um 02:23 schrieb anton:

> I would like to report a strange instability issue when starting
> PostgreSQL 9.0
> via pgAdmin in Mac OS X 10.5.  My Service command is defined as:
>
> sudo -u postgres /Library/PostgreSQL/9.0/bin/pg_ctl -D
> /Library/PostgreSQL/9.0/data
>
> Let's say the server is running and I enter pgAdmin.  Running?
> correctly shows
> Yes.  If I right-click on the server and then Stop Service, the
> server stops
> correctly and Running? correctly shows No.  If I then right-click
> and try to
> Start Service, pgAdmin hangs indefinitely.  Via Terminal, executing
> "sudo -u
> postgres /Library/PostgreSQL/9.0/bin/pg_ctl -D /Library/PostgreSQL/
> 9.0/data
> status" shows that the server is running, so pgAdmin did start it
> correctly,
> even though it's still hanging.  Now, when I execute "sudo -u postgres
> /Library/PostgreSQL/9.0/bin/pg_ctl -D /Library/PostgreSQL/9.0/data
> stop" and go
> back to pgAdmin, it actually stops hanging and resumes working
> normally!  This
> is always repeatable.
>
> In summary, Start Service starts the server correctly, but never
> gives control
> back to pgAdmin, which hangs until the server is stopped.

Does it help if you add "&" after your command (i.e. sending it into
background)?

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net
https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

От: anton
Сообщение: pgAdmin 1.12.0 (Mac OS X 10.5) Start Service instability