Re: [GENERAL] Schema/table replication

От Steve Atkins
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Schema/table replication
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] Schema/table replication  (Nico Williams <nico@cryptonector.com>)
Список pgsql-general
> On Sep 6, 2017, at 6:00 AM, Marcin Giedz <marcin.giedz@arise.pl> wrote:
>
> Hi, is there any way (3rd party software) to replicate particular schema/table not the whole database with streaming
replicationbuilt-in mechanism ?

I don't believe so. You can do that with logical replication in v10 -
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/logical-replication.html.

pglogical will give you much the same functionality on current releases.
https://www.2ndquadrant.com/en/resources/pglogical/- installation isn't too painful (though the docs are a little
sparsewhen it comes to which node you should run which command on. Make the postgres.conf changes on master and slave
nodes,as slave nodes need replication slots too(?)).

There are a bunch of trigger-based replication frameworks that'll work too, though less efficiently - Slony is widely
used,and I used Bucardo successfully for years before moving to pglogical.

Cheers,
  Steve