How to Output PSQL Errors to a Log File?

От Wang, Mary Y
Тема How to Output PSQL Errors to a Log File?
Дата
Re: How to Output PSQL Errors to a Log File?  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I used 'pg_dumpall' to dump the database in Postgres 7.1.3 and I'm in the process of restoring the databases in
Postgres8.3.8.  There were lots errors showed on the screen when I ran this command 'psql -e template1 -f 21.bak' and
itactually displayed the line numbers where the errors occurred.  Because there were so many errors, and I wanted the
errorsto be logged to a log file so I ran this command 'psql -e template1 -f 21.bak > late22error.txt', but
late22error.txtdidn't log the errors, it just logged the transactions.  What option should I use to tell psql to log
allerrors to a log file?

I'm running on RHEL 3.9.

Thanks
Mary