Re: Some deleted GUCs are still referred to

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Some deleted GUCs are still referred to
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 9 Nov 2023, at 00:51, Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I happened to notice that some GUC names "max_fsm_pages" and
> "max_fsm_relations" are still mentioned in these translation files
> (from the REL_16_1 source zip)
>
> src\backend\po\fr.po
> src\backend\po\tr.po
>
> ~~
>
> Should those be removed?

These mentions are only in comments and not in actual translations, so I don't
think they risk causing any issues.

 $ git grep max_fsm_ |cut -d":" -f 2 |grep -v "^#" | wc -l
       0

I don't know enough about the translation workflow to know how these comments
are handled, sending this to pgsql-translators@ might be a better way to reach
the authors working on this.

> There was a commit [1] that said these all traces of those GUCs had
> been eliminated.

Translations are managed in an external repo and synced with the main repo at
intervals, so such a commit couldn't have updated the master translation work
files anyways.

--
Daniel Gustafsson