Re: Uhm, so, yeah, speaking of /.

От Brandon Aiken
Тема Re: Uhm, so, yeah, speaking of /.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Google.  And, yes, Google use a modified MySQL for its pigeons.

--
Brandon Aiken
CS/IT Systems Engineer
-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Joshua D. Drake
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 2:41 PM
To: Jeff Davis
Cc: Scott Ribe; PostgreSQL general
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Uhm, so, yeah, speaking of /.

Jeff Davis wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 12:18 -0600, Scott Ribe wrote:
>>> I thought it had to do with letting a form sit around too long and
>>> then /. timing out the state.
>>>
>>> That's probably not good anyway: it should at least give you a real
>>> error message. However, they might not consider that a bug.
>> I didn't let the form sit around at all--didn't think to mention that
>> before. It may well not be related to MySQL at all, the point is
simply that
>> although /. is well-known, gets a lot of hits, and works well enough
for its
>> intended purpose, it is buggy and is NOT an example of what would be
>> acceptable reliability for most "mission critical" applications.
>>

> I was agreeing with you.
>
> I think that's what the "invalid form key" error is supposed to mean,
> but it probably happens for all kinds of other cases, too (which is
bad
> and causes confusion).
>
> I agree that /. not a great example of stability or correctness.

Interesting statement. Question: What would be a great example of
stability of correctness?

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER **
Statements made in this e-mail may or may not reflect the views and
opinions of Wineman Technology, Inc. or its employees.

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged,
confidential or proprietary information. If you are not the intended
recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of
this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail
message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail
message from your computer.