Re: could not write to log -> PANIC -> System down

От Brandon Aiken
Тема Re: could not write to log -> PANIC -> System down
Дата
Список pgsql-general
That should not occur if NetBackup is at all a recent version and you're
on WinXP or Win2k3.  The backup client should be using Volume Shadow
Copy.  You should only have file locking issues on Windows 2000 or if
your partitions are FAT32 (which is a terrible idea).

Of course, it's Windows.  "Should not" is often a suggestion, it seems.
As a port, postmaster.exe was presumably not written with VSS in mind,
so it might object to the shadow copy instantiation (which, again, it
*should* not be able to do).

No idea on the frequent autovacuuming.  Do you do a lot of deletes?

--
Brandon Aiken
CS/IT Systems Engineer