Re: Datasource-less connection

От Janet Borschowa
Тема Re: Datasource-less connection
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi,
You might try using SQLDriverConnect with a connect string like:

"DRIVER={PostgreSQL};SERVER=your.server.name;PORT=5432;DATABASE=yourDatabase
;UID=yourUID;PWD=yourPassword";

Which works fine for me with no DSN entry.

If you have problems try enabling debugging by going to the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | ODBC | ODBCINST.INI  and find the entry for PostgreSQL
and edit the Debug key. This is also the place to look for allowed
attributes that could be set in the connect string (e.g.
MaxLongVarcharSize).

========================
Janet Borschowa
Software Engineer, Database Products
Rogue Wave Software
http://www.roguewave.com

-----Original Message-----
From: SZUCS Gábor [mailto:surrano@mailbox.hu]
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2003 10:01 AM
To: pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org
Subject: [ODBC] Datasource-less connection

Dear Fellows,

I searched through the archives but couldn't find the answer; if you can,
please show me to the right direction.

QUESTION: is it possible to make a datasource-less connection via psqlodbc
driver in Windows?

EXPLANATION: we use ODBCExpress, and it states in a whitepaper that hdbc can
be configured either via DSN or by hand, which is driver specific.

We'd like to know if PostgreSQL supports this kind of connection and what
are the allowed attribute names and values.

TIA,

G.
--
while (!asleep()) sheep++;