Re: disk space usage enlarging despite vacuuming

От Ron Snyder
Тема Re: disk space usage enlarging despite vacuuming
Дата
Список pgsql-general

They average 24K (or less).

> >> I'm guessing that you have the FSM parameters (in
> postgresql.conf) set
> >> too small to allow the system to keep track of all the
> free space in
> >> pg_largeobject.
>
> > Doh! I meant to include this info, because I knew you'd want it.
> > max_fsm_pages is 100K, and max_fsm_relations is left at the
> default (of
> > 100).
>
> 100 is almost certainly too small for max_fsm_relations (we've changed
> the default to 1000 as of 7.3.something).  How many active
> databases do
> you have, and how many user tables?

In that database cluster, there are 4 databases (template0, template1, pgqv,
quickview).  A '\d' for the first three says "No relations", and for the
last one lists 17. (15 tables, 1 view, 1 sequence).  Running the following
query for the quickview database:
"Select count(*) from pg_indexes where tablename not like 'pg%';"
count
-----
31

Thanks,