Re: disk space usage enlarging despite vacuuming

От Ron Snyder
Тема Re: disk space usage enlarging despite vacuuming
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> What's your turnover rate for updating or deleting large objects?

There's probably only about 10K additions/day, and there should be about
7500 deletions/day.

> I'm guessing that you have the FSM parameters (in postgresql.conf) set
> too small to allow the system to keep track of all the free space in
> pg_largeobject.  Ideally, VACUUM logs all the space it frees into
> the FSM, and this space is then reused by subsequent inserts/updates,
> and you run out of it right about the time of the next VACUUM run.
> But if the FSM is too small then some space "leaks" in each cycle
> and you have continuing growth of the table.

Doh! I meant to include this info, because I knew you'd want it.
max_fsm_pages is 100K, and max_fsm_relations is left at the default (of
100).

Thanks,
-ron