Re: libodbcpsql.so question

От Janet Borschowa
Тема Re: libodbcpsql.so question
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi,
The odbc driver for PostgreSQL should have a setting for MaxLongVarcharSize
which defaults to 8190. I think this is the limit you're seeing. Try setting
this configuation option to something larger.

-- Janet

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Brown [mailto:mikebrowncog@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 5:05 PM
To: pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org
Subject: [ODBC] libodbcpsql.so question

This is my *first* message to an open source forum!!
wooo-hooo!!!!

I am trying to port my software from
Windows/ASP/SQLServer to Linux/Chilisoft/Postgres. (I
cannot use mysql because it doesn't have subselects.)

The Linux server I am using has Redhat 7.2 and
Postgres 7.1.3.

The ODBC driver for Postgres that comes with Chilisoft
(libodbcpsql.so) -- on the server -- only retrieves
the first 8K of data from a text field.

I think it's an old driver.

My question is: If I upgrade to Postgres 7.2.1 (the
latest?) will a new libodbcpsql.so driver be
installed?

If so, I think I can get Chilisoft to point to that
new driver. (Chilisoft has its own copy of its drivers
in its /opt/casp directory, and so it doesn't normally
point at drivers stored in normal places on the
system.)

Gosh I'm hoping someone can help me out. If I can't
get this to work, I'll have to go back to the Windows
environment -- which works well but is much more
expensive.

Is this too long for my first post!?

Thanks,
Michael Brown