Re: Timestamp Conversion Woes Redux

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Timestamp Conversion Woes Redux
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Oliver,

Sorry for bringing this up again. I realize we have discussed this
before.

by typing it as UNKNOWN we are letting the backend decide what to do
with it. There is considerable code in there to do the "right" thing.

Dave
On 19-Jul-05, at 8:45 AM, Oliver Jowett wrote:

> Dave Cramer wrote:
>
>> Can you explain your rationale ?
>>

> I don't really want to rehash this again and again, but it boils
> down to: if setString() does not type the parameter as a string,
> how *do* I type a parameter as a string?
>
> I do not find "there are lots of broken applications out there" a
> particularly convincing argument for changing this.
>
> -O

Сообщение: Re: Timestamp Conversion Woes Redux
Сообщение: Re: Timestamp Conversion Woes Redux