Startup Problems on Win2K

От Saul Hernández
Тема Startup Problems on Win2K
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hello -

I downloaded PostgreSQL 7.1 today and began installing it on a Windows 2000
server with 1GB of memory and 12GB of hard drive space.
To support the installation, I used the following:

Cygwin 1.1.8-2 (Version 1.1.7 was not available at cygwin.com)
Cygipc 1.04

At the end of the configure and install steps, I read several log messages
indicating that the configuration and installation seemed to succeed.
However, upon trying to launch the postmaster, I received the following
message:

C:\cygwin\usr\local\pgsql\bin\postgres.exe: ***
recreate_mmaps_after_fork_failed

I have attached the config logs generated during the installation.  Any
assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Saul Hernandez