Re: Call for Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2012: Project ideas?

От Kiriakos Georgiou
Тема Re: Call for Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2012: Project ideas?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
+1 to seamless partitioning.

Although the idea of having a student work on this seems a bit scary, but what seems scary to me may be a piece of cake
fora talented kid :-)

Kiriakos
http://www.mockbites.com

On Mar 13, 2012, at 3:07 PM, John R Pierce wrote:

> On 03/08/12 12:01 PM, Andy Colson wrote:
>>
>> 2) better partitioning support.  Something much more automatic.
>
> that would be really high on our list.  and something that can handle adding/dropping partitions while there's
concurrenttransactions involving the partitioned table

> also a planner that can cope with optimizing prepared statements where the partitioning variable is a passed
parameter.

От: John R Pierce
Сообщение: Re: Call for Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2012: Project ideas?
От: Carson Gross
Сообщение: Re: Upgrade questions