Re: Real type with zero

От Scott Ribe
Тема Re: Real type with zero
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jun 29, 2011, at 9:50 AM, David Johnston wrote:

> Aside from storing the "true" precision in a separate integer field what solution is there is this situation.

I think the only other way would be a custom data type encapsulating those 2 bits of info. Which might be the best
solution,since if you really need to maintain info about the significant digits of measurements, you need that to carry
throughproperly in calculations with those numbers.

OTOH, it's possible to have that info in a separate field, and leave with clients the responsibility for correct
calculations...

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com