Re: plpgsql by default

От Eric Lauzon
Тема Re: plpgsql by default
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

One way to circumvent the hassle of having to create
the language is to create the database from a template
that has the language , hence semi-default plpgsql handler
by "default".

On the security side, if you implement strong ACLS on the data
manipulation
if the database is compromised to a level where a low priviliged user
database access
is compromised there shouldn't be any danger toward having them using
SQL or plpgsql.

The dark side of this could be some type of privilege escalation scheme
present
inside postgresql.

As example MS-SQL xp_* stored proc, are a vulnerability vector if the
compromised user
can execute them.

So if by default the attacked application is running as the "postgres"
user, what will you do to
prevent them from manipulating internal's? :)

-elz

AVERTISSEMENT CONCERNANT LA CONFIDENTIALITE

Le present message est a l'usage exclusif du ou des destinataires mentionnes ci-dessus. Son contenu est confidentiel et
peutetre assujetti au secret professionnel. Si vous avez recu le present message par erreur, veuillez nous en aviser
immediatementet le detruire en vous abstenant d'en faire une copie, d'en divulguer le contenu ou d'y donner suite.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This communication is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee identified above. Its content is confidential and
maycontain privileged information. If you have received this communication by error, please notify the sender and
deletethe message without copying or disclosing it.