Re: Recovering data from table show corruption with "invalid page header in block X"

От Erik Jones
Тема Re: Recovering data from table show corruption with "invalid page header in block X"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Feb 9, 2010, at 3:28 PM, Erik Jones wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> We've recently had database server crash due to a heavy duty disk failure and upon rebooting we now have a table
showingcorruption via the "invalid page header in block X" message when querying one table in particular, the rest have
allchecked out via full table dumps with no errors.

> Here is what we've done so far to try to fix the table and/or recover the good data from it:
>
> * REINDEX -- no good.
>
> * Set zero_damaged_pages=on, run query that originally showed the corruption.  This reports 3 different blocks with
invalidpage headers and reports that they are being zero'd out.  Unfortunately, subsequently querying the table the
sameblocks show as corrupt.  Well, after running the query twice with zero_damaged_pages=on the first one did go away
butthe other two remain.

> * Set zero_damaged_pages=on for pg_dump.  Same results as above.
>
> I'm unsure what to do next to get those damaged pages cleared out...

Scratch that about the first damaged page going away, after a server restart it popped up again.

Erik Jones, Database Administrator
Engine Yard
Support, Scalability, Reliability
866.518.9273 x 260
Location: US/Pacific
IRC: mage2k

От: Justin Graf
Сообщение: Re: Best way to handle multi-billion row read-only table?
От: Erik Jones
Сообщение: Recovering data from table show corruption with "invalid page header in block X"