pgMigrate

От Brett Maton
Тема pgMigrate
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

  I have a problem with the Migration wizard, basically it chokes on a date
field for some reason, it reckons that the exported date is something like
06/06/101.  Not sure where it's getting this from as it's certainly not in
the DB.

I tried to alter pgMigrate to display the query string that was causing the
problem (VB is not my thing so I probably just being stupid),

Err_Handler:
  txtStatus.Text = txtStatus.Text & vbCrLf & "An error occured at: " & Now &
": " & vbCrLf & Err.Number & ": " & Replace(Err.Description, vbLf, vbCrLf) &
vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "Rolling back..."
  txtStatus.SelStart = Len(txtStatus.Text)

**Added these two lines
  txtStatus.Text = txtStatus.Text & vbCrLf & "Query was : " & szQryStr
  txtStatus.SelStart = Len(txtStatus.Text)

  svr.Databases(szDatabase).Execute "ROLLBACK"
  txtStatus.Text = txtStatus.Text & " Done."
  txtStatus.SelStart = Len(txtStatus.Text)

but I get an error message when I try to run my modified plugin:

An error has occured in pgAdmin II:frmMain.mnuPluginsPlg_Click:

Number: 13

I'm not sure how the date / time is being passed to Postgres, but was
thinking if it's sent over in a long string format (11 January 2002) pg will
store it correctly

Brett.