Re: psql wishes or even realized?

От Stephen Birch
Тема Re: psql wishes or even realized?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>1) sql-logfile of psql
>after I have created some tables , I can't remember exactly the sql-code,
>if I have done everything correctly and so, I am searching the possibility
>to get a file, where all SQL-code is beeing listed, I've written with psql
>(to make a TQuery with Delphi to create the same database by clicking on a
>simple button)

If you use pg_dump to dump the database, you will get an SQL listing of
the database.

$pg_dump database >file.dmp

If you want, you can edit the dmp file and then recreate your database with
the changes.

1. pg_dump database >file.dmp
2. vi file.dmp    (make changes)
3. dropdb database
4. psql database -f file.dmp

>2) better implementation of cursor-keys
>if I have done an error in a line, I can't go to this line and fix it,
>because I get letters like ^[[D. How is this bug to fix? I'm using the
>german keytable.

When you build PostgreSQL it will pick up the GNU readline library if it is
found. Make sure it is installed on your machine before you build. On SuSE
7.3, I helped this by specifying the following option to configure:

configure --with-include=/usr/include/guile-readline

Steve