Packaging 42.3.0 for MacPorts -- need some clarifications

От Georges Martin
Тема Packaging 42.3.0 for MacPorts -- need some clarifications
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hello, folks.

I occasionally package postgresql-jdbc for MacPorts since version 42.2.8.

I am no Maven/Gradle expert but I'm using PostgreSQL since version 6 and Eclipse/pgCodeKeeper for development,
includingon macOS. Thus, packaging postgresql-jdbc for macOS is a "personal itch" ;-)

The last version I packaged was 42.2.19. I'm working on 42.3.0 right now but I ran into some issues and wish for some
clarifications...:-q

1. For 42.2.16, I followed the switch from Maven to Gradle for building. But it seems that, since 42.2.20, the Gradle
filesare not included in the tarballs anymore. Is that voluntary?

2. I successfully reverted back to Maven 3.8.2 to build 42.3.0 but what is the preferred way of building in the future:
Mavenof Gradle ?

Thanks in advance,

G.