Re: Mac OS X shared_buffers not same as postgresql.conf file

От Neil Tiffin
Тема Re: Mac OS X shared_buffers not same as postgresql.conf file
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sep 24, 2011, at 4:21 PM, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:

> On Sat, 2011-09-24 at 14:43 -0500, Neil Tiffin wrote:

>>> Internally shared_buffers is tracked as number of 8K pages.
>>>
>>> postgres=# show shared_buffers;
>>> shared_buffers
>>> ----------------
>>> 32MB
>>> (1 row)
>>>
>>> postgres=# select setting from pg_settings where name='shared_buffers';
>>> setting
>>> ---------
>>> 4096
>>> (1 row)
>>>
>>> postgres=# select 4096 * 8 / 1024 as MB;
>>> mb
>>> ----
>>> 32
>>> (1 row)
>>>
>>> HTH,
>>
>> Excellent, just what I was looking for.  I know there had to be a simple explanation, even though it seems a little
retardedthat pgAdmin does not point this out.

> And how do you get that value from pgAdmin? the config editor gives me
> the value with its unit, so I guess it's not from the config editor.

I got the values from selecting in pgAdmin: Tools -> Server Configuration -> postgresql.conf, then I get a table with
settingname, value, current value, and comment columns.  The 'value' column shows the unit, but the 'current value'
columndoes not, at least on Mac OS X.

Neil