Re: how to handle data containing '\0'

От Larry Rosenman
Тема Re: how to handle data containing '\0'
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Marc Herbert wrote:
> "EBIHARA, Yuichiro" <ebihara@iplocks.co.jp> writes:
>

>> I need to handle String data containing '\0' in my Java + JDBC
>> program. Such data can happen at other systems and be sent to
>> PostgreSQL. Here is a sample to simulate it in Java code.
>
> As far as I know, it is not possible to store such strings in a
> postgreSQL database (whatever the client interface used). The reason
> seems to be that postgreSQL is written in C, and most C functions use
> \0 as a string terminator.

the bytea datatype handles such strings.

LER

--
Larry Rosenman
Database Support Engineer

PERVASIVE SOFTWARE. INC.
12365B RIATA TRACE PKWY
3015
AUSTIN TX  78727-6531

Tel: 512.231.6173
Fax: 512.231.6597
Email: Larry.Rosenman@pervasive.com
Web: www.pervasive.com

От: Marc Herbert
Сообщение: Re: how to handle data containing '\0'
От: "EBIHARA, Yuichiro"
Сообщение: Re: how to handle data containing '\0'