Re: psql is slow and it does not take much resources

От Larry Rosenman
Тема Re: psql is slow and it does not take much resources
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Javier de la Torre wrote:
> It is inserts.
>
> I create the inserts myself with a Python programmed I hace created to
> migrate MySQL databases to PostgreSQL (by th way if someone wants
> it...)
Ok, that makes *EACH* insert a transaction, with all the overhead.

You need to batch the inserts between BEGIN;/COMMIT; pairs, or, better
yet
set it up as a COPY.

--
Larry Rosenman
Database Support Engineer

PERVASIVE SOFTWARE. INC.
12365B RIATA TRACE PKWY
3015
AUSTIN TX  78727-6531

Tel: 512.231.6173
Fax: 512.231.6597
Email: Larry.Rosenman@pervasive.com
Web: www.pervasive.com

От: "Javier de la Torre"
Сообщение: Re: psql is slow and it does not take much resources
От: "Leif B. Kristensen"
Сообщение: Re: psql is slow and it does not take much resources