Re: Built-in connection pooler

От Li Japin
Тема Re: Built-in connection pooler
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Mar 22, 2021, at 4:59 AM, Zhihong Yu <zyu@yugabyte.com> wrote:

Hi,

+          With <literal>load-balancing</literal> policy postmaster choose proxy with lowest load average.
+          Load average of proxy is estimated by number of clients connection assigned to this proxy with extra weight for SSL connections.

I think 'load-balanced' may be better than 'load-balancing'.
postmaster choose proxy -> postmaster chooses proxy

+          Load average of proxy is estimated by number of clients connection assigned to this proxy with extra weight for SSL connections.

I wonder if there would be a mixture of connections with and without SSL.

+         Terminate an idle connection pool worker after the specified number of milliseconds.

Should the time unit be seconds ? It seems a worker would exist for at least a second.

+ * Portions Copyright (c) 1996-2018, PostgreSQL Global Development Group

It would be better to update the year in the header.

+        * Use then for launching pooler worker backends and report error

Not sure I understand the above sentence. Did you mean 'them' instead of 'then' ?

Cheers