Re: synchronized snapshots

От Marcin Mańk
Тема Re: synchronized snapshots
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Dnia 2010-01-09 o godz. 20:37 Markus Wanner <markus@bluegap.ch> napisał
(a):

> Hi
>
> Joachim Wieland wrote:
>> Since nobody objected to the idea in general, I have implemented it.

How cool it would be if we could synchronize snapshots between the
master and the (sr) standby?

The connection poolers could use that to send read-only queries to the
standby, and when the first dml/ddl statement in a transaction comes
up, they could switch to the master.

If it is hard to tell from the statement if it writes anything, the
pooler could catch the error, and retry on the master

Regards
Marcin Mańk

Сообщение: Re: Re: CVS HEAD: Error accessing system column from plpgsql trigger function
Сообщение: Re: Re: CVS HEAD: Error accessing system column from plpgsql trigger function