Sharing DSA pointer between parallel workers after they've been created

От Ma, Marcus
Тема Sharing DSA pointer between parallel workers after they've been created
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Hey,

I’m currently working on a parallelization optimization of the Sequential Scan in the codebase, and I need to share information between the workers as they scan a relation. I’ve done a decent amount of testing, and I know that the parallel workers all share the same dsa_area in the plan state. However, by the time I’m actually able to allocate a dsa_pointer via dsa_allocate0(), the separate parallel workers have already been created so I can’t actually share the pointer with them. Since the workers all share the same dsa_area, all I need to do is be able to share the single dsa_pointer with them but so far I’ve been out of luck. Any advice?

Marcus

Сообщение: Re: Collation version tracking for macOS
Сообщение: Re: Collation version tracking for macOS