Re: Re: Re: grant privileges to a database [URGENT]

От Mike Miller
Тема Re: Re: Re: grant privileges to a database [URGENT]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hrm- I'd love to know where this patch is.  I don't see how that quite
breaks PG_DUMPALL though.  Really if your logged in as a superuser
(postgres) you should be able to use all the databases and dump all of the
data.  Am I the only one that doesn't see where the problem is?  How about a
patch that says 'if the user that created the database is not the current
user, then reject- otherwise accept'.  I could go for that.  Though access
control would be nice, I could log in as a superuser, make a user with the
ability to make databases, login as that user, make the databases I need,
then login as postgres and revoke the privilages of creating databases.
Suddenly you can only access databases you created and its as easy as that
(a few PHP lines if you ask me) to make new databases.  Wouldn't it just be
a simple IF statement to see if the current user is the database owner [or
if they have the superuser ID set]?

Am I not seeing the big picture?

--
Mike