Re: bug of recovery?

От Florian Pflug
Тема Re: bug of recovery?
Дата
Re: bug of recovery?
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sep26, 2011, at 22:39 , Tom Lane wrote:
> It might be worthwhile to invoke XLogCheckInvalidPages() as soon as
> we (think we) have reached consistency, rather than leaving it to be
> done only when we exit recovery mode.

I believe we also need to prevent the creation of restart points before
we've reached consistency. If we're starting from an online backup,
and a checkpoint occurred between pg_start_backup() and pg_stop_backup(),
we currently create a restart point upon replaying that checkpoint's
xlog record. At that point, however, unresolved page references are
not an error, since a truncation that happened after the checkpoint
(but before pg_stop_backup()) might or might not be reflected in the
online backup.

best regards,
Florian Pflug