Re: MySQL vs. PostgreSQL

От Alex Rice
Тема Re: MySQL vs. PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Monday, July 15, 2002, at 03:29  PM, Philip Hallstrom wrote:

> I think what people need educating on is that *once* you've grown beyond
> mysql there is another open source (ie. free) database you can move to
> instead of shelling out $$$ for oracle and friends.
>
> That is postgresql's market.. at least in my mind.

I'm not suggesting they should not use MySQL at  all. I've used MySQL a
lot in the past, and don't regret it. But how will they know when they
have grown beyond Mysql? ...

I just noticed Robert Treat's followup on exactly this. I think we are
all agreeing.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alex_rice@arc.to
alrice@swcp.com