Re: Disk filled-up issue after a lot of inserts and drop schema

От Pietro Pugni
Тема Re: Disk filled-up issue after a lot of inserts and drop schema
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Log rotation was active and set to 5MB or 1 day.
I don’t know if it is a bug, but Postgres was logging even if logging_collector was set to “off”.
Also, that big log file wasn’t visible for me, in fact “ls” and “du” didn’t detect it.

Thanks again

Best regards,
 Pietro Pugni

> Il giorno 14 set 2016, alle ore 19:55, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> ha scritto:
>
> Pietro Pugni <pietro.pugni@gmail.com> writes:
>> I’ve jsut discovered the issue.. I set "logging_collector=off” in the previous email but didn’t comment the other
log*parameters, so Postgres was logging every single INSERT! This was caused the disk to fill up.

> Ah.
>
>> The strange issue is that the log file didn’t exists when the disk filled up. I personally looked for it but it
wasn’twhere it should have been ( /var/log/postgesql/ ), so I can’t exactly confirm that the issue was the log file
gettingbigger and bigger.