boolean and void CallableStatement return types

От Christian Niles
Тема boolean and void CallableStatement return types
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi All,

If I define a function that returns a boolean value, the JDBC interface
throws an error because the reported return type is actually Types.BIT.
I noticed this was asked at least twice before, once a year ago, and
once again 2 years ago. No responses were given in the list, as far as
I could see.

Also, if I have a CallableStatement such as "{call void_func()}", which
returns void, the server reports an error:

ERROR:  function "void_func" in FROM has unsupported return type

This is the same error as if the function were called as SELECT * FROM
void_func():

test=# SELECT * FROM void_func();
ERROR:  function "void_func" in FROM has unsupported return type

Are both of these known/expected behaviors?

best,
christian.