Re: CI and test improvements

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: CI and test improvements
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On June 14, 2024 8:22:01 AM PDT, Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote:
>On Fri, Jun 14, 2024 at 05:36:54PM +0300, Nazir Bilal Yavuz wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Thu, 13 Jun 2024 at 14:56, Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > ccache should be installed in the image rather than re-installed on each
>> > invocation.
>>
>> ccache is installed in the Windows VM images now [1]. It can be used
>> as 'set CC=ccache.exe cl.exe' in the Windows CI task.
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/anarazel/pg-vm-images/commit/03a9225ac962fb30b5c0722c702941e2d7c1e81e
>
>Thanks.  I think that works by using a "shim" created by choco in
>C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\bin.
>
>But going through that indirection seems to incur an extra 15sec of
>compilation time; I think we'll want to do something to avoid that.
>
>I'm not sure what the options are, like maybe installing ccache into a
>fixed path like c:\ccache or installing a custom link, to a "pinned"
>version of ccache.

Hm. There actually already is the mingw ccache installed. The images for mingw and msvc used to be separate (for
startupperformance when using containers), but we just merged them.  So it might be easiest to just explicitly use the
ccachefrom there (also an explicit path might be faster). Could you check if that's fast? If not, we can just install
thebinaries distributed by the project, it's just more work to keep up2date that way.

Andres

Сообщение: Re: Using LibPq in TAP tests via FFI
Сообщение: Re: Using LibPq in TAP tests via FFI