Re: memory issues when running with mod_perl

От Jonathan Vanasco
Тема Re: memory issues when running with mod_perl
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Oct 1, 2006, at 12:24 PM, Fred Tyler wrote:

> It is not from the exit. I see the exact same problem and I never
> restart postgres and it never crashes. It runs constanty and with no
> crashes for 20-30 days until the box is out of memory and I have to
> reboot.

my theory, which i hope to prove/disprove tonight, is this is
happening to us:

    postgres is slurping all that memory because it should- there's
probably a setting on your box that is letting it consumer more
shared memory than you want.
    some issue with the kernel/postgres is not truly freeing the shared
memory when postmaster exits

in other words, i think the leak isn't in those 20-30 days-- i think
thats  likely a configuration issue.  but i think there is a leak
when you stop the daemon